Saturday, February 12, 2011

po po power!

My blogging dedication seems to be deteriorating (or maybe just my free time!). Things are going super though. Next weekend Dan and Laura are coming to visit! I would love to think they are just coming to visit meee... but then I would just be lying to myself. They are coming out to support Robbie (an old roommate of Dan's) - he's getting hitched! It's a very popular weekend for love it seems... I can think of at least 4 couples tying the knot that weekend. Good for them :)

Speaking of love - it's Valentines Day on Monday! Who can guess what I'll be doing...? I bet you guessed wrong because it's way more fun than you'd expect.

...

...

I'm going to court. Yes, that's right - I'm a criminal. I will be on trial. Not only is that super fun news, but I also get to drive all the way to Wellsville to do it! Yep, 2 hours there, 2 hours back = 4 hours of glorious driving time on Valentines Day. I'm sure you're dying to know what trouble I got myself into this time... well, it's pretty dumb. I wish I could give an exciting story like the time I was in trouble with the police for my potato gun. Nope. You see, the sad part about this story was that I was actually trying to follow the speed limit. We all have our times when we are knowingly speeding 5-10 (some people 15-20) mph over the speed limit. Not this time. I knew that Wellsville was a speedtrap and I didn't want a ticket! So, I responsibly put my cruise control on 31 mph (the limit was 30). So, much to my surprise I suddenly had flashing lights behind me. Knowing that I couldn't possibly be guilty of speeding, I willingly pulled over and waited to see what the officer had to say.

Bleh.

Apparently I was in a school zone and the limit was 20. Meaning, I was going 11 over in a double-fine zone. MAAAAN! I have the worst driving luck! it is especially sad when I have good intentions. So, the bottom line? $209 poorer, mandatory court appearance on Valentines Day, and adios to my clean record. I guess it could be worse.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...