Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Testimony Tuesday #1





I'd like to start sharing my testimony every Tuesday. Since I'll be in the middle of the ocean next Tuesday, I'll have to skip a week, but I want to try and do it every Tuesday after that!


Today I am just so grateful for missionary work. I have been rereading over my mission journals these past few days and have been just overwhelmed with gratitude for the experiences I had, the people I met, and how much my testimony of Jesus Christ and His power grew. I saw miracles weekly, if not daily, and really learned how to draw close to the spirit and find true inner peace and joy. I really miss that. 


I know that I need to be more diligent and pray more, pray deeper, really study my scriptures, and soak in church meetings like I used to. I want to be near Him. I am grateful to know that is possible. I also know that it requires a lot of work, humility, and faith. I plan to set some good short and long term goals to get where I want and need to be again. Simple things. Prayer, scriptures, journal writing, and getting active in the ward. While they are simple, they are time-consuming if done right. It is important to make them a priority. So, that is what I want to try and do!! Yay for missionary journal inspiration!




Para ustedes que solo hablan español... voy a empezar a escribir cada martes tocando mi testimonio del evangelio. Y pues, me encanta el idioma español! En serio, extraño hablandolo todos los días. Por lo menos puedo escribir de vez en cuando aquí en el "blog", verdad? Pues, hoy quiero hablarles sobre la gratitude que tengo por la obra misional. 


De recien, he leido mucho en mi diaro misional. Durante la mision, escribía acerca de muchas experiencias, actos de fe, milagros, y, por su puesto, mi testimonio y la forma en que se creció. Mientras leía, pensaba en como quiero tener el espiritu como antes. Creo que los misioneros tienen un espiritu especial, pero tambien creo que personas que no son misioneras todavía pueden tener el espiritu fuerte! Sé que necesito leer las escrituras con más diligencia, orar con más fe, y, pues, tener más fe en general. Por eso, voy a hacer metitas que puedo cumplir cada día para lograr mi ultima meta de ser una persona con más fe y más testimonio. 


Sé que es importante compartir mi testimonio, por eso empiezo los martes de testimonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...