Tuesday, September 21, 2010

rockin my socks

I had such a great weekend... filled with homework, international cinema, dinner at Brick Oven, seeing a play (Tuesdays with Morey), more homework, and canoeing! It was a good little break from all of the craziness of the week - this semester is some hard stuff! But, I am LOVING pediatrics and OB. It's so fun to learn about how to care for little kids, moms, and babies. I didn't think I would enjoy it so much, but i definitely do :). This week I spent some time in Primary Children's Hospital in the RTU (rapid treatment unit) and in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit). While it is heartbreaking to see kids fighting for their lives, it is very rewarding to be there helping them and cheering them on! I am so happy that I decided to be a nurse. Yes, it is draining. Yes, it is exhausting. Yes, it is difficult and demanding. But yes, it's worth it - I get to help people heal! Christ did that. Maybe it's another step in my journey to be a better disciple for Him. Yep, things are great! Brian and I hit 4 months this weekend... and for those of you who know me, that is a LONG TIME for me. So, congratulations to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...