Well, it's been a little while since I wrote last! I don't have too much time, but I just wanted to say that things are going fantastic! I love my new ward (BYU 189th) - the bishopric and the other members are really incredible people. I've been extended a calling that I am really excited about but I'll have to let you know what it is on Sunday after I'm sustained. I'm having a great time meeting new people and adjusting to this new life I have :). I feel like I've been super busy - here is a rough list of what I've been up to the last few weeks
- i got involved in some intermurals - notice the ultimate frisbee photo! We lost our first game, but we had a good time doing it, so that's ok.
- I'm in a photo shoot today at BYU!
- Seen some good movies lately - The Blind Side!
- It's rained a lot so I am glad I brought some sweaters
- Classes are grrreat! This week is rough though - 2 papers and a test :/
- We are taking our weekly temple trips and I LOVE IT! Saturday we went to Oquirrh Mountain and it was seriously incredible - it is one of the most beautiful ones I've been to. The spirit was so strong - it was neat to see someone going for the first time and how she was just glowing with happiness (well... I guess that could be due to the fiancee she had with her :) ). Next week: Manti!
- I went longboarding for the first time! It was SO MUCH FUN! I wasn't too bad at it (I would imagine I can thank snowboarding for that) and so we decided that I was ready for the hills...not a good idea. You can slow down on a snowboard but you CAN'T slow down on a longboard. Let me paint this picture for you... I am going down a hill (with a big smile on my face) until I notice that there is a car coming for me in the other direction... picking up speed... faster... faster.... the board starts to have speed wobbles... I start to get a little scared... the only way to stop is to jump off... so I jumped... and landed on my elbows/forearms/hip/shoulder/knees... all of which bear beautiful reminders of that moment (and the 3 others that happened after because I just couldn't get enough!). Yep, it's been a bit painful but it's a good story. I can only imagine how that looked to the car... especially when I just laid in the middle of the road like roadkill afterward! Anyway, don't worry mom - I'll be more careful next time!
- Kiara has been over to visit lots and it makes me so happy! She was even kind to bring me back some squeaky cheese from beaver :)
- I had a DELECTABLE dinner with Andrea and Ryan on Sunday - she is the cutest pregnant girl I've ever known!
- I got a great grade on my first Spanish composition!
Ok, I have to get to my essay writing... but I hope you all are great! Miss you and love you.
adventures advice AIDS anniversary apartment Arizona babies baby baking Bear Lake Beaver beetle invasion birth story birthday books brian bridal shower bucket list bump Cache Valley california camping canoing celebrate Christmas coconut craziness DAT dates decorations dental school dentist distraction domestic East Coast Easter embarrassing Emry engagement faith fall Family finals fishing food food poisoning friends fun funny general conference getting to know myself goals goldfish graduation gratitude growing up Guatemala halloween health holiday honeymoon hospital interesting job Lagoon lava lent life is good llama fest love marriage martes de testimonio maternity me miscarriage missionary mormon Mrs. Pearce Myla Navy nephew New Mexico new stuff NICU nuevo mexico nursing painting pets photography photos police potato gun primary kiddos proposal pumpkin QUE HORROR reception recipe rock climbing salsa scariest day of my life school semana santa shooting sick sisters snow spanish spring St. George summer temple tender mercies testimony testimony tuesday thanksgiving think about it update vacaiton vacation volcano water skiing wedding windex winter Zipper