Tuesday, May 11, 2010

update from P Town

Well, it's been a little while since I wrote last! I don't have too much time, but I just wanted to say that things are going fantastic! I love my new ward (BYU 189th) - the bishopric and the other members are really incredible people. I've been extended a calling that I am really excited about but I'll have to let you know what it is on Sunday after I'm sustained. I'm having a great time meeting new people and adjusting to this new life I have :). I feel like I've been super busy - here is a rough list of what I've been up to the last few weeks

- i got involved in some intermurals - notice the ultimate frisbee photo! We lost our first game, but we had a good time doing it, so that's ok.
- I'm in a photo shoot today at BYU!
- Seen some good movies lately - The Blind Side!
- It's rained a lot so I am glad I brought some sweaters
- Classes are grrreat! This week is rough though - 2 papers and a test :/
- We are taking our weekly temple trips and I LOVE IT! Saturday we went to Oquirrh Mountain and it was seriously incredible - it is one of the most beautiful ones I've been to. The spirit was so strong - it was neat to see someone going for the first time and how she was just glowing with happiness (well... I guess that could be due to the fiancee she had with her :) ). Next week: Manti!
- I went longboarding for the first time! It was SO MUCH FUN! I wasn't too bad at it (I would imagine I can thank snowboarding for that) and so we decided that I was ready for the hills...not a good idea. You can slow down on a snowboard but you CAN'T slow down on a longboard. Let me paint this picture for you... I am going down a hill (with a big smile on my face) until I notice that there is a car coming for me in the other direction... picking up speed... faster... faster.... the board starts to have speed wobbles... I start to get a little scared... the only way to stop is to jump off... so I jumped... and landed on my elbows/forearms/hip/shoulder/knees... all of which bear beautiful reminders of that moment (and the 3 others that happened after because I just couldn't get enough!). Yep, it's been a bit painful but it's a good story. I can only imagine how that looked to the car... especially when I just laid in the middle of the road like roadkill afterward! Anyway, don't worry mom - I'll be more careful next time!
- Kiara has been over to visit lots and it makes me so happy! She was even kind to bring me back some squeaky cheese from beaver :)
- I had a DELECTABLE dinner with Andrea and Ryan on Sunday - she is the cutest pregnant girl I've ever known!
- I got a great grade on my first Spanish composition!

Ok, I have to get to my essay writing... but I hope you all are great! Miss you and love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...