Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hodgepodge

A few things that have been going on...

We celebrated our 7th anniversary last week! It was a sort of delayed 6th month celebration because that one fell on Christmas :) Brian was so so so sweet and surprised me with breakfast in bed (same breakfast that we had on our honeymoon) and a scavenger hunt to a bunch of meaningful places to us in Provo. We ended the night with a scrumptious dinner at my favorite restaurant - Zupas! It was  a great day. I am so grateful for my best friend!
His first time at Zupas! Can't believe we hadn't gone together before!



Our last trip to the doctor went well - he said that Brian should be out of his boots in about 2 weeks - yay! Can't wait for that! It's good timing because that's when I'll be starting work and he'll need to get to school somehow!

Brian has decided to try and take the DAT this coming summer and apply to dental schools as well. It is extremely rushed with all of the things he needs to get done. But, the worst that can happen is that he won't get accepted and apply the year after anyway.

We had a super time with Andrea and Ryan making homemade pizza! It was seriously the best pizza that I have had in a very, very long time. Kuddos to us!

please ignore my double-jointed elbow...





It has been so long since I have had spare time that I am really just lost. I was looking forward to not having anything to do, but now find myself longing for a schedule! I just can't seem to enjoy sitting around doing nothing. I have been reading a lot (I'm on my 3rd Harry Potter book in a week...), cooking more than usual, cleaning the house, fixing our budget, making phone calls.... but really, those things don't take up that much time. I need more to do! I start work next Monday, and that gives me a whole another week to do "stuff." I want to be productive. So, I guess I'm going to brainstorm... What can I get done with all of this spare time?!


  • Decorate our bedroom - buy hooks!
  • Figure out what I want to do for Brian for Valentine's Day
  • Decide if I really want to run a half marathon
  • Donate plasma
  • Buy scrubs for my new job
  • Go to the library and get some books I've been wanting to read
  • Practice the piano
  • Learn first-aid better so I can actually teach the girls camp girls something! (Did I mention that I'm the camp nurse this summer?!)
  • Clean out my closet of clothes I haven't worn in a year
  • Paint
  • Make our wedding scrapbook
  • Crafts from Pinterest
  • Get my car's oil changed
  • Buy new bikes (ours got stolen :/)
  • Write missionaries
  • Study Spanish
  • Return stuff to stores
Etc... etc....

The worst part is that Brian is extremely busy right now with his difficult classes and getting ready to take the DAT. Which means... he is on campus all of the time and I am home alone all of the time. If there is one thing that I have learned from this experience, it's that I don't like being alone for extended periods of time!

I am sure looking forward to starting work next Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...