Sunday, February 12, 2012

time to grow up

Yep, tomorrow I enter the world of "grown-ups" with *gasp* a real job.

Crazy.

While I'll be the first to admit that I absolutely love school and would probably go to school for the rest of the life if they would pay me, I am excited to start this new phase in life. And, it will be so nice to put my nursing skills to practice and not do it for free!

I feel incredibly blessed to have landed what many would consider a "dream" nursing job. I feel so privileged to be able to work with newborn infants who really need some help. While I know that at times it will be emotionally difficult and draining, I feel that every day these little ones have life is a miracle and a blessing and I am so grateful that I will get to be a part of it. I also can't wait to work with their families. I know that they are going through such difficult times (often the most difficult they have ever faced) and I can help make a big difference in how they view that experience. I want to be the nurse that makes a difference.

So, tomorrow is just orientation and the "logistics" of the hospital. Should be interesting! Aaaaand... free lunch. I'm always a sucker for free lunches :)


Some of you may wonder how Brian is going to get to and from school with his two broken feet... Well, I am happy to report that tomorrow is (hopefully!) his last doctor appointment and he should be getting the boots off. Also, we changed the battery in his car and so now it runs and will do the job of getting him to campus and his dentist shadowing just fine. Hurrah!

Now he can start walking again and get rid of those newly developed (undeveloped?) chicken legs... don't tell him I said that ;)


1 comment:

  1. I know you will be a terrific nurse and will positively affect the lives of many people - love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...