Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Green Monster!

I love dessert.

I love it so much that I am going to write a poem about it....

I love dessert, I love sweets!
Nothing tastes better than sugary eats!
I could eat brownies all day long,
Too bad it's probably morally wrong.

Yep, desserts make me smile and never frown,
Soon I'll have more chins than China Town.

Ok, I did not count syllables or make that a technically correct piece of poetry. BUT, I think you can get the idea that I love dessert.

Which is why I need to stop eating it so much.

I usually try and give something up for Lent (no, I'm not Catholic - I just think it's a good idea!), but I am so behind this year! Lent already started a few days ago and I still hadn't decided what I wanted to give up. So... here it goes. Better late than never!

I am giving up eating desserts Monday-Saturday. This excludes holidays. OFFICIAL holidays. No, "Pet Fish Awareness Day" does not count.

It became very apparent to me this week that I desperately need some improved self-control. At work we all sit in this tiny room around a tiny table. Guess what's in the middle of the table? You guessed it - TREATS! Treats galore! Licorice, cookies, tootsie rolls, etc etc... And when you're sitting there all day doing nothing but read a huge binder (see this post), it is perfectly acceptable to eat said treats, right? Wrong. I have felt ill every day driving home as a result of those treats and it's time I listened to what my body says!

So, from now 'till Easter, kindly don't offer me any candy or desserts on any day other than official holidays and Sundays. 

I wasn't going to blog about this, but I figured it would give me at least a little bit of accountability. Here's to eating healthier!

You may think this sounds gross... but this is the most delicious/healthy recipe I have had in a while!  It's called "Green Monster"

Ingredients: 1 frozen banana, some milk (I use soy), some yogurt (Dannon Light & Fit is good), one spoonful of peanut butter, and loads of spinach! Yes, spinach! About 3-4 cups. 

Blend it all up and it is sooooo delicious. It doesn't taste like spinach at all. I've had it about 4 times now and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! Try it! I dare you!!


"Bored" is "Derob" spelled backwards, but I think that must be another word for "dessert" as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...