Friday, March 23, 2012

#1. List 20 random facts about yourself

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.

In no particular order... I'm just going to write them down as they come to my head.


1. I love to laugh! Luckily, with such a wonderful guy in my life - I get to laugh all the time! We recently had a little episode with the police that still has me laughing :)

2. Learning how to be an adult is difficult for me. While I do appreciate finally getting paid for the work I do in the hospital, I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I have a real job. Good thing that you can always be a kid at heart.

3. This one is not a mystery to anyone who knows me... I love ice cream. I could eat it all day, every day (I would appreciate a few flavors, however). Other foods at the top of the list: brownies, cookie dough, lasagna, Mexican food, and soup.

4. I love being married! Nothing beats being with your best friend.

5. I'm LDS (aka Mormon) :) I was so blessed to be able to serve a mission in San Diego, California a little over 2 years ago (Has it been that long already? Yikes!). I love the gospel and am especially grateful for the doctrine of eternal families.

6. Currently, my favorite nail polish color is silver sparkles.  

7. Holidays are my favorite days. I just love having an excuse to celebrate! We like to go all-out on birthdays, dye our milk (and whatever else we could) pink for Valentine's Day and green for St. Patrick's Day, and even have parties for MLK Day. Holidays = happiness. We should have more of them.

8. I have a weird green spot on my left eye. You can see it in some pictures, but especially in the sunlight. I like to believe that one day the green spot will take over my whole eye and then I can have green eyes. Yes, I am weird.

9. I am a nurse in what I consider the best nursing job out there -the NICU (ok, so maybe I'm a little biased). Many people ask me if I get grossed out by my job. Luckily I don't because of two reasons: 1) I work with babies. Baby poo, throw-up, and any other bodily fluid really doesn't gross me out. Adults on the other hand.... 2) Blood isn't a problem for me unless it is coming out of a family member. Weird, huh? Hopefully I'll be able to get over that small problem. The only time I actually passed out during clinicals was at the Burn Trauma Unit. I won't go into details...

10. I am trying to stretch my musical capabilities by learning the guitar! I took a class last summer but I was using a borrowed guitar that had to go back to the lender after I was done :(. Much to our surprise, we recently received a surprise guitar on our porch! Talk about awesome! So, I have taken it up again and can now proudly play "Puff the Magic Dragon," "When You Say Nothing at All," and most of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Snazzy snazzy. I'm hoping to get good enough to play some sweet tunes at Girl's Camp this year... which leads me to my next one.

11. I love the outdoors! I think the worst part of studying for the NCLEX was staying inside all day long with my books. Yuck! I much prefer to be outside (unless it is freezing). Therefore, I am quite excited about my assignment as the girl's camp nurse this summer.

12. Colors are a new obsession. I really like seeing them, wearing them, trying to put them around the house, etc. I'm really wanting some red or turquoise pants.

13. I speak Spanish/Spanglish. I have not been able to use it as much as I wish I could since getting back from my mission, but I think I will have more opportunities at the hospital. Meanwhile, I try to read in Spanish frequently, always pray in Spanish, listen to Spanish music in the car, and teach Brian a little here and there. I don't want to lose it!

14. Reading is one of my favorite things to do - especially children's books. Brian and I try to make a regular visit to the library to pick up some new ones. Our favorite has been holding strong for quite some time though - Cinder Edna. If you haven't read it, I would highly suggest it. Brian and I also talk about how fun it would be to write and illustrate children's books... we have tons of ideas!

15. I want to adopt a baby from Guatemala someday. Cutest babies ever. Seriously. Don't believe me? Just google it. That would also give me an excuse to go to Guatemala again on the regular.

16. I bought my car on eBay - yes, I have since learned that this was a very risky move. But, it has been a wonderful car the last 6 (?) years. Her name is Crayola Rex because for some reason she always smells like crayons. Go figure.

17. I have the craziest dreams. I rarely have a night without dreams. Last night I had one where I was riding around in a giant bowl with a few other girls and we were fighting dinosaurs. Aren't you supposed to grow out of those kinds of dreams?! I need to get a dream interpretation book.

18. Checking the mail is one of the highlights of my day. There is nothing better than getting a letter!

19. I'm from New Mexico. The typical reaction I get when people learn that fact is pity. They just don't know what an awesome place it is! I miss it - and especially my family that still lives there.

20. I really like taking pictures. I'm currently saving up for a camera purchase... now it's just the ongoing debate of Nikon or Canon.

click here for links to the other 30 questions :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your random facts about yourself Rachy Roo! Come home and visit pronto!!

    Love you forever and ever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...