Saturday, February 6, 2010

1st nursing night shift

Well... it's 6:20am and I still haven't gone to bed. It is a very weird feeling - the days just kind of blend together. I'm still getting ready for my trip but in the meantime I'm taking care of Betty and she needed someone with her all night last night... and I was the lucky girl to do it! Last night my amazing little sister came over to practice blood pressures and pulses (she's studying to be a nurse too) and then I went back to Betty's at midnight. It's been a real blessing to be able to be with her during these last weeks of her life. She took a turn for the worse a couple days ago and we're just making sure she is comfortable. For all of you nurses out there, she has a Kennedy Ulcer the size of a CD on her back. The nurse says that they aren't from lack of turning but that they pop up a few days before death... They're supposedly very rare. Yay for learning new nursing things. So, it's been good - I've learned a lot about life from Betty and now a lot about graduating from this life. She is probably the sweetest lady I have ever met. We'll see what the rest of today brings. But, now... I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...