Tuesday, April 27, 2010

estudiante

I am a student.

It is an interesting concept - I just spent about 2 years generally being a "teacher." Of course I was learning the whole time too... but I was, more or less, sitting in the teacher chair as a missionary and as a volunteer in Guatemala. It was NICE to be a student again! I am excited for both of the classes that I went to today - weight lifting and literature/the Bible. Lit/Bible is going to be AMAZING... I really can't wait. The teacher is so humble and so loving - and he knows his stuff. It's going to be a very rewarding class, I can already tell! And... well with weight lifting I was informed that as a girl, I will never get "bulky"... only "toned." This is good news that I had heard before but I was happy to have it be reaffirmed. I mean, there are few things grosser than a woman body builder. Ew. The teacher also gave us other good news - we are to drink CHOCOLATE MILK in the mornings before we go to work out! He said it's the best weight lifting food. Now... I don't know if I believe him, but I am definitely willing to give it a try :)

I had my temple interviews with Bishop Shearer and President Wilson tonight and it was such a great experience. They are great men and definitely men of God. I am very happy to be in this ward and in this stake.

Tomorrow I am going to apply for the MTC job - AHHH! Tender mercy of the day, however, was that randomly a teacher coordinator (who helps hire new teachers) came to our apartment today to visit Jess (a girl who is staying for the week). Well... we got to talking and I happened to mention that I was going to apply tomorrow. He looked at me for a moment and said, "Do you speak Spanish?!" "Yes, I do." "Well, I'm looking for 2 more teachers... maybe I'll be around tomorrow for your interview." What?!! What luck! Scratch that. What a blessing! I don't know if he'll be there or not (I can't go in the morning when he works, I have to go around lunch :/), but either way it helped me feel a little more confident. Also, the Stake President said that he thought I would do a good job there. Either way, I am just going to accept what happens as God's will... if He wants me to be a teacher, I'm there. If He wants me to be a caterer, well then that's fine too. I'm going with the flow - God's flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...