Wednesday, October 19, 2011

every girl should do this activity


I'm on day nine of this body-image dealio! This one, in my opinion, is one of the best things we've done! While I couldn't really come up with a favorite actress, I could definitely picture a lot of movie stars in my head that I wish I looked more like. I admire them for what they look like and I guess their acting skills? The first role model I thought of, however, was the dear Marjorie Hinckley! Love her!!

she's so beautiful! Not just outside, but inside where it really counts. Some great Marjorie Hinckley quotes:

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” 


“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” 



“Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” 


“I know it is hard for you young mothers to believe that almost before you can turn around the children will be gone and you will be alone with your husband. You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship that will be delightful and enduring. Let the children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and he, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner.” 


“Everything you are learning is preparing you for something else.” 


“Develop some intellectual curiosity. If you have it, you will never be bored. If you haven't, cultivate it, hold fast to it. Never let it go. To the intellectually curious, the world will always be full of magic, full of wonder. You will be interesting to your friends, to your spouse, and a joy to your children. You will be alive to all the wonderful possibilities of this world.” 




whew! and so many more! She is amazing. I do need to spend more time working on becoming more Hinckley-like. That is the beauty that really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...