Friday, October 14, 2011

Nowadays I feel guilty if I eat a chocolate chip. What the heck?!

The way it used to be....

It's just not like that anymore. I'm all about being healthy, but we all want to look "good" too, right? It's funny how "good" is such a subjective thing. Sometimes I want to move to Tonga so I can eat whatever I want and I'll still be considered attractive! But, like I said, I think it is definitely important to eat healthy... so too big is not good and neither is too small. Unfortunately, I feel like I am in a never-ending battle with food!

I am doing a awesome thing through BYU's Women's center... it's a 10-day body image challenge focused on helping us women feel good about ourselves no matter how we feel we look that day. Not to mention I get a free t-shirt at the end :). I know that I definitely have my "I feel fat and ugly" days and it is ridiculous because it influences me for the entire day! It changes my attitude, how I view life, how I view others, and how I view myself. 

I have been doing the challenge for three days now and have really enjoyed it. The first day was focused on just being kind to your body. The second day was focusing on what gifts we have (I read my Patriarchal blessing and wrote in my journal about what I found). The third day (yesterday) had the challenge of not saying anything negative to yourself about yourself all day... and if a negative thought did come up, to apologize, turn it around and compliment yourself. It was an interesting exercise, to say the least. Today's challenge is to compliment others... but not just compliment them on "oh, cute shoes!" or "I like your hair!" and more stuff like, "Wow, you are such a kind person!" or "you really know how to make others feel great." Things like that. So, that's what I'm going to try and do! Unfortunately, I don't have school today so I'm not surrounded by too many people. I am, however, going to be working at the Centro Hispano health fair tonight... so bring on the compliments in Spanish! Yeah! 

To all who read this, I hope you are having a great day - take the opportunity to give someone a meaningful compliment! 



2 comments:

  1. I think I will give the ten day challenge as well!
    Oh and by the way Rachel, KT and I were not only admiring your beautiful hair (seriously it looks good not matter what you do to it!) when you were playing the piano yesterday, but how you are such a well rounded person as well. You are easy to get along with, you have a fun but calming personality. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know it's an American value to "BE NICE"? Think about all the times in stores and restaurants you were told to have a "nice day" or "thank you have a good night" We are robots for pleasantries because it's our culture. HOWEVER if you change it up a bit with more personal comments I think that is what makes heads turn.

    Also Rach....EAT A CHOCOLATE BAR! Dark is good for you right? Even though I actually don't eat chocolate often, once in a while it is nice to sink down somewhere and enjoy something sweet.

    LOVES!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...