Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SEMANA SANTA


I have bad news:

I only have 9 more days left of my guatemalan adventure!!! NOOOOOO! But, I am going to make the best of it and enjoy every moment! This week is the Semana Santa and there is lots going on. Lots and lots of people and lots and lots of parades... "procesiones" is what they are called around these parts. I have included a picture of a rather creepy parade that passed by our house a few nights ago. Look at those hats! There is also a picture of another one of those sawdust rugs. Apparently it's only going to get more crazy as the weekend gets closer... which is why a few of us are going to spend a day up at Lake Atitlan... if it isn't too contaminated we'll get to go swimming - hurray! I LOVE swimming!

Things are fantastic here... my schedule is a bit slower than I was thinking it would be because the hospital doesn't have patients this week and so I don't go to my project. But it seems like I still have PLENTY to do... I am so tired! Probably because I spent a good amount of time searching for a tarantula-sized spider in my room the other night. It was the biggest spider I have EVER seen and I screamed like a little girl. Then LAST NIGHT there was a huge beetle flying around my room and I was screaming again but this time I killed it. With a book. It's guts where everywhere because I was too afraid to get close to it so I threw the book at it and it splattered. Just thought you'd want to know. eeeeew.

GOOD NEWS! I got into my first choice for nursing classes! WAHOOOO! I hope that I have good girls in my class. It's going to be really weird going back into nursing without my best buds from before the mission.... Andrea! I'm going to miss you so much!!! But luckily I now have those friends to help me figure out what the heck I'm doing. Thank you SO MUCH Andrea for helping me pick my envelope. Lifesaver!

This spring I am taking Spanish 321, Literature and the Bible, and Self Defense. I am excited for all of them! I am also hoping to apply for a job at the MTC. Oh boy. Good things are going to happen... I can feel it!

Love you all... cuidense!

Rachy

1 comment:

  1. Your protective mom (note that I'm not OVERLY protective)March 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM

    Those sawdust rugs are amazing. I think you should skip swimming in the contaminated water at Lake Atitlan. Any contamination is too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...